Terms and Conditions
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this online community platform, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to this channel. This is a great platform with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Any Questions should be directed to us via the Contact us tab on your community home page.
By joining the community and accepting these terms and conditions, your contact details will be added to the Member Directory. The directory will display your designation, first name and last name.
If you would like to opt-out of being listed in the Member Directory, you can do so by changing your privacy settings in the Profile section at any time.
The Profile section includes optional fields that help provide other members with information about your experience or areas of interest. If you choose to enter information into these fields, we may send you targeted information in the future to help improve your experience. You can change or remove your information or preferences at any time by visiting the Profile section.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend benefit of doubt to newer guests and members.
- Respect the purpose of the community. The online community platform is a forum in which you can share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals. Providing information about products or services that you provide is not encouraged. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see. Messages should not be posted if they promote a business or encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Respect intellectual property and confidentiality. Only post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- If you wish to send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, then please ensure they are sent to the individual and not to the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link in every message.
- Please do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you need to change any of your member details, including email address, please go to the ‘My Account’ section on the BPS website.
This Online Community is provided as a service for members of The British Psychological Society (BPS). BPS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. Under no circumstances shall BPS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
In the event that any inappropriate posting is found, appropriate action will be taken. If it is felt that the post is required to be deleted/removed from the online community platform we confirm that we will not edit comments to remove objectionable content and that the post will be removed in its entirety.